Friday, July 24, 2009

b. July 15, 1981



28 years ago, it was, that...

God stood over His/er table with two cookie cutters, freshly made... S/he started with one but it split right there on the pane.
Now, God doesn't make mistakes, this was all part of the plan... though S/he thought it a bit too much for the world to use both right then.
So S/he put one aside for a year, and a little more (in His/er eyes, the briefest moment),
Used one, then the other, but this story's not 'bout the second.
Cause the two cutters were the same, but different, you see
So the story of you is like the story of me
But, being different, here there's room for only one
The most beautiful shining creature, blessed by the sun
Born in July, never too shy, just a smile from this girl makes me sigh
And swoon, and bloom, and never cry, but thankfully praise all above
For blessing me with her presence, her friendship, and her love :)


Happy Birthday to you, Natalie. Belated as these wishes are, you are brighter than every star in my eyes, and prettier too, and so it's only just that I honour you.




1 comment:

  1. You are so incredible, my Loveli... my heart is so full right now, and all thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete