Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Looks Like/Like Looks



So, this is what the view out my living room window looks like. I usually direct my gaze upward, to see what kind of picture God's painted now, but I also admit that I watch the kids play in the yard across the street there. I check out what the upstairs guy on the left is watching on his TV (it's a big screen) sometimes too, but the people on the upstairs right always have their curtains drawn. Maybe it's cause they've seen me, standing there in my own window, large as day, just staring out. I guess I could be kind of creepy :P

The thing I like best about the pic above? All the green :D (I know, I know, there's only tiny patches of it. But :D anyway :D ) I love summer, spring and fall. As for the winter... I'm kinda leaning towards a theory of human hibernation. I've yet to test my theory, but as these cold days drag on, it seems more and more appealling.






This is what I've been looking at for the last 6 months. And it's likely to be this way on until about the end of May. >:( It's hard not to talk about this stuff when it's around you for so long. Lucky for me, there's lots of nice warm buildings to take shelter in. I took this pic from the south stairwell of the Greenstone Building, where I work (I think you gotta be warm to appreciate a sky like this... all the subtle tones... otherwise, it's just foreboding). It's only about a block and a half from where I live, so I don't have to be outside for more than 10 minutes at a time, ever. I like that :D






But I like this even better... I took this pic from my window seat on a Jazz flight to that grand old city that all the northerners love, Edmonton. I just love the way it looks from the sky; all the tiny lights and pathways and lights moving down pathways.... it's just so shiney :) Full of people, energy, life. Ah, The City.



2 comments:

  1. That's weird that your across-the-way neighbour NEVER opens their blinds! I want to know what they're hiding! Maybe they are practicing their Dance Dance Revolution skills and don't want anyone to see how much they suck? Or maybe they're nudists?

    I like the view from your work building... it's actually kind of pretty :) To someone who doesn't have to see it every day... Do you walk to work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I like the idea that they're nudists :)
    Yeah, I walk to work - the best parking spot around here is the one behind my building :) And I still like the view, too

    ReplyDelete