Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter!



















Colouring eggs yesterday after our walk; I was trying to get Nikoli to pose with the eggs he made, but he insisted on laughing instead. Sigh. Kids. Just don't listen, lol. We used this kit that came complete with little bags to dye the eggs in - you just had to add a drop or two of the colouring and voila! - you can see it there on the table. Hardly any mess at all, it was great. 


Halfway through decorating the eggs, my neighbour who also happens to be a friend, sent me a text to see if I was home 'cause her and her mom had just made cupcakes. I texted back, "sweet! (pun intended :D ) come on over!" They brought over the cutest little Easter plate - actually, now that I look at the pic again, I think that's a Christmas plate, lol - complete with chocolate eggs in additon to the cupcakes. (See that gap between the cupcakes at the bottom end of the pic? That's were the cupcake that I had to eat before I could even think of taking a picture was before I took the picture. It was sooo good! And so were the other 5 that I've eaten since then, lol. It's such a shame that Nikoli doesn't like sweets... not.) How much does that so totally rock? My neighbours are awesome!




Nikoli got a hold of the camera while I was bringing the cupcakes in... you can see how happy I was about it, lol. He's quite a little photographer... upward angles suck, generally speaking, but I can't blame him; it's not his fault he's short. 









So, then we coloured some egg hunt "clue's" - little signs with arrows on them to give a kid a general idea of where to look for the eggs. Those sure were handy too, though I think they made the hunt a little too easy; we probably won't use them again next year. Though they were great for helping me remember where I hid the darn things in the first place. I like the little crayons that came with the egg-hunt kit - they're these new twistable ones made by Crayola. The colours go on really smooth, kinda like pencil crayons and not so waxy like crayons, and the twist thing is great for someone like Nikoli who can't really peel a crayon label. 



Anyways, here're our finished products:





























These five were my favorites... see the bunny I drew? That's a picture of me, made by Nikoli, right next to it - the resemblance is remarkable, lol. 










And this one just sings "you are my sunshine..." lol. What a psychedelic holiday. 

2 comments:

  1. Awwww :) And um, yum cupcakes! Sigh. What a great way to spend a Sunday! I love the picture where Nikoli is laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I noticed the bunny egg when I was looking through the pics on Facebook - very nice :) I thought maybe someone had used a tracer... I should have known you wouldn't need one. And the sun one - makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete