Thursday, April 23, 2009

Family

I came across these photos when I was perusing my Aunt's facebook page. They are of my grandmother Mildred, affectionately known by us kids of Gramma. When she was my age.










It's funny, when I see look at her face in this portrait, I see features that I recognize from my siblings and me; not so much my fair haired siblings as the others. Which is kinda weird, because my fair haired siblings definitely got the lionshare of their genes from her - no one else in our family has that fair appearance. 

She was so kind. I remember loving her deeply when I was a small child.. I regret we weren't as close when I was older, before she passed. It makes me want to reach out to people more; to break out and say I am Lianna, I am here, and so are you, so who are you? Mostly, I don't. I'm shy. But, I am learning. And so far, I've learned that reaching out can reap great benefits.

I guess I'll keep on, then :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment