Wednesday, April 1, 2009

One Cool Dude


Nikoli and I went to Caribou Carnival this past weekend. It was kinda cold out, but we braved the weather to attend the festivities. I have to admit, there wasn't too much exciting - a bunch of tents out on the frozen lake behind city hall isn't quite as stimulating as, say, music and rides and flashing lights, but it was a good excuse to get out of the house all the same. And I got some great pictures :)










After we had a bite to eat and played some games in the kid's "tent" - actually the dome you can see in the center of the above pic - we hiked over to the museum and had a look around. I took the above shot from the window of the aviation exhibit room :) That's pretty much the whole carnival site. Surprisingly enough, lots of people were coming and going. 




Well, lots for Yellowknife. Lol.  Anyway, it was a great day. I can only think of one thing that could have made it better... one person, that is :)

1 comment:

  1. Nikoli looks so much like you in these pictures! :) And, you're lucky I wasn't there... I'd a probably instigated a snowball fight ;) Still... wish I had been.

    ReplyDelete