Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The words are coming... yay!

I've been playing my guitar a lot lately; I'm starting to feel like my frustration is lifting and I'm getting somewhere with my musical expression. It's still slow going, but it is promising :D I feel like I can maybe start to filter life's impressions into the notes, and name them properly with my words; and, ultimately, sing them straight out into the world through the air and into the hearts of everyone who matters... this is what I've always yearned for.

I was looking over my oldest poems last night... there was only one that I thought might make a good song. I had to visit my old website to view them; I posted them there thinking it was the perfect place to store them and always be able to find them; but when I tried to sign in to the site I learned that it is being discontinued... d'oh! Now I've got to transfer all that's worth keeping. When I look at the site, I think to myself, that's really not much. I'm almost tempting to leave a large part of the poetry behind, too, because it's so very dark, most of it. But then I think that no, I can't do that, 'cause even though I don't like what my life was like then, I can't deny it. For some reason, I think there's some value in remembering where you've come from; it plays such a huge part in defining who you are.

Thinking back to those times, I am so thankful for where I am now. For the choices I'm making, the things I'm accomplishing, and for the life I'm building. And especially, for the people that are a part of it. And when I think of all the things that really matter, most of the things I think of are all about those people, and me doing my best to be one of those people that really matter, too.

Lol, I think I'm rambling now. And I'm too tired to re-read what I wrote... I hope I'm making sense. Aw, man, I gotta go to bed.

Sweet Dreams :)

1 comment:

  1. You're right, you should keep all of your writing, for good or for bad. Years from now you'll be able to look at each poem and see a little part of yourself that you totally forgot evolving from!

    PS I'm selfishly glad that your creative expression is going well, 'cause I can't get enough of all that you do...

    ReplyDelete